Sunday, September 20, 2009

Not sure where to start with this one...

Despite having excellent weather, yesterday turned out pretty crappy, However the night was one of the best EVER. Three very unfortunate events happened to me during the day.

1. My point and shoot camera was broken and now will not power on at all. This may or may not have been related to the fall it experienced the night before.

2. While walking down the street in the crowded shopping area (Florida Street), I was hustled into ¨taking a peek¨ into a night club to check it out for later (not a good idea). As you can imagine, this turned out to be a gentlemens club. Well to make a long story short, I tried to leave and got forced (literally) to pay 60 Pesos (around 17 bucks) to leave. So, I gave the security guards around me 100 pesos expecting change. Well, there goes 30 bucks. Now they are all saying that I need to buy drinks before I can leave. This is not good. I thought about making a mad dash for the exit, but I decided that might not be such a good idea since the guys may be weilding some sort of weapon. So I did the only thing I knew would get them away, yelled ¨policia!¨ Within seconds they backed off and I was out the door. I was mad at this point but havent lost it yet.

3. I head to San Telmo to see the old coble stone streets and live tango shows. While sitting on the curd and snapping photos I decide to sit in a huge pile of crap (animal unidentified). Now I am fuming

I am lost for words and do the only thing I can think of that will cheer me up. Stuff myslef with a giant rare Tbone for 8 bucks...Tastes so much better when it costs lest than a meal at Chick Fil A.

So this is when the night gets really good...

I get to the hostel, decompress, and google ¨where to watch college football in Buenos Aires.¨ Just about every hit was a place called the El Alamo (what a perfect name. I suspect and expat from Texas owns it). Now I am out on foot looking for this oasis in a giant city. 30 minutes later I find myself lost in a sea of Americans, all of which are sporting there colors and tags, from the teams that they support. This is good, I immediately fit right in. I have the Texas game on to my left, Georgia game on to my right, and behind me the Auburn game (figured I would root in your absence, Beth). I had the most amazing time watching my two favorite teams win while I was in Buenos Aires. The best part was the fact that Texas fans and Georgia fans out numbered everyone. Yep, a Texas expat owned the place.

Next I on my way back to the hostel for a party they are hosting. Somehow the hostel transformed into a night club while I was gone. The crazy part is that the party didnt officially start until well after 2 am. They really do party all night down here in BA.

All and all, it was a pretty balanced day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm right with you on the sex shoppe experience. The same thing happened to me in Montreal last summer, the "bar" was Russian owned so you can make your assumptions from there. They let us off kind of easy considering an idiot in our group decided to enjoy the scenery for about 2 hrs while we sipped on the same two beers at the bar.

    PS - There is a good chance you'll be enjoying my company in Japan, in the planning phases now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, talk about ups and downs. Crazy. I hope you got the poo off your pants before you started booty dancing with people back at the hostel. And thank goodness it was the P&S and not the DSLR!!! =O

    ReplyDelete